CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Just a Number

Today I'm feeling so very many emotions. I'd love to explain the happy ones since they are truly amazing, but right now the angry ones are taking over.
I've worked in the same place now for three years in March. I have seriously put my all into my job. I loved my job. I worked whatever shifts they asked of me. I showed up to work no matter what. At work I put in my full effort and truly enjoyed my job. I don't mean to try and make myself sound perfect but in three years I've grown and learned and I believe done a lot of good while employed there. I show up. I do my job. I don't gossip. I don't backstab. I have two very great friends. And I get along with everyone else. I no longer am loud and young. I keep to myself. I smile. I chit chat when appropriate. I engage my guests. I provide good service, sometimes really good service. I have regulars. I clean. In the long and short, I do what is expected of me and try and do a bit more on top of that.
But here I sit three years later and I am simply 23350. That's all. I'm a number to them. Nothing good has happened. I have not been rewarded. In fact no one notices. No one cares if I get a break or if I even pee in a day. If I have the lounge to myself I may as well bet I'll be holding it all day. So slowly but surely I've given up hope. I see people walk in the door and get more out of those people than I do, so frankly I'm tired. I'm tired of being taken advantage of. I don't go above and beyond any more. I do my job. I still enjoy my guests and giving them good service. But cleaning...what's that? Break, sure I'll be gone a bit longer than normal when I get one. You want me to pick up a shift...? Huh, I think I'm busy.
I hate being this way. I feel awful. But in reality I've put up with so much and I've done so much that I'm exhausted. They've taken all I have to give to them without so much as a thank you. So all in all, I'm angry. I''m so very angry and hurt.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment