CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 07, 2011

Daily Reading



February 7th
God's Favor to Be Yourself:
When a man's way pleases the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
~Proverbs 16:7

Today the reading really struck a cord with me. Joyce talks about having to be a different person with the people in your life. Having to "wear masks" so to speak. I have always felt the need to change who I am and be what others expect of me. I'm one person with my mother, another with my father, another at work, and on and on. And then I met My Love; and I didn't have to be anyone else. Truly that is when my wake up call began. I have been going to therapy with the ever amazing K also and in time I have started to learn who I really am. God guided me to two very amazing people to help show me this message first hand. I know I have a lot of people angry with me over me not conforming the way I used to, but it's worth it. With more time and guidance I will find a happy balance in my life...but this message is where it started for me.



February 7th Evening
The Paraclete:
But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [ from the Father; He will give the message given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future].
~John 16:13

In starting this week long adventure I knew I was needing to refocus. And as I sit here and read these with tears in my eyes I remember why. I had begun to give up hope. My faith was wavering. But tonight Joyce reminds me that God put the Holy Spirit in me to guide me; to remind me that God has a plan for me. I may not know the plan exactly right now but there is one. I have to listen to my "Paraclete (counselor, advocate, intercessor)". I must trust and have faith, undying, undeterred faith. The line that brought the tears, "...in Him you are becoming everything God planned you to be." I really needed to hear that today.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment